Does this sound familiar?
- You have worked hard for your company for years.
- You thought you had a career for life.
- You've recently been told that the company is "going in a different direction."
- You've been told your position is being eliminated, but another worker is doing your job.
- You are being offered only a few weeks pay as severance.
These days, more and more hard-working people find themselves in this situation. If you are truly an at-will employee, is there anything you can do? There are laws that can be invoked to maximize your severance package. A few examples include laws against:
- age discrimination
- negligent misrepresentation
- promissory estoppel
- breach of contract
Hayber Law Firm has been successful for years representing executives in severance negotiations. Contact us and take the first steps towards protecting your rights in the event of a severance negotiation.