Thomas J. Durkin
“Attorneys Hayber and Durkin worked tirelessly on my case for two years and we ultimately won a jury trial…I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.” – Danelle M.
Attorney Thomas Durkin represents employees in litigation against employers in a variety of employment-related issues, including wrongful termination, discrimination including disability discrimination, minimum wage violations including server tip-credit cases, overtime violations including worker misclassification cases, retaliation and class actions.
After graduating from University of Connecticut Law School, Attorney Durkin worked at a local plaintiff’s litigation firm, advocating for employee’s rights against their employers in disability, race, and gender discrimination claims. He is committed to keeping up with new techniques and developments in the law in order to provide his clients with the best possible representation.
He is admitted to practice law in Connecticut and the Federal District Court for the State of Connecticut.Attorney Durkin works out of the firm’s Hartford office. He represents workers throughout Connecticut, including Hartford, Enfield, West Hartford, Rocky Hill, Bristol, and Wethersfield.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. 2015
-recipient, C.A.L.I. Award for Alternatives to Risk Management, 2014
- University of Connecticut, B.A. Political Science 2011
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Won jury trial against a restaurant for a bartender alleging minimum wage violations.
- Won class certification rulings in two lawsuits against restaurant chains alleging minimum wage violations.
- Won conditional class certification in a lawsuit against a bank alleging overtime pay allegations.
- Obtained a $190,000 settlement for a group of call center employees alleging unpaid set up time.
- Obtained a $20,000 settlement from a restaurant for an individual server.
- Obtained a $26,500 settlement from a restaurant for an individual server.
- Obtained a $40,000 settlement to resolve a claim of disability discrimination claim for an automotive mechanic and an auto body dealership in November 2017.
- Attorney Durkin obtained a $50,000 settlement to resolve a claim of disability discrimination for an employee of a church during the Summer of 2017.