“Attorney Dinsmore has been my lawyer for over two years now, and has always provided me with the very best legal advice. He is committed, passionate, and his entire staff is great at communicating.” – Marissa F.
Attorney Raymond Dinsmore is a member and partner at Hayber, McKenna & Dinsmore, LLC assisting employees with legal claims in Massachusetts and Connecticut. With offices in Springfield, MA and Northampton, MA, Attorney Dinsmore represents employees in claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, FMLA violations and sexual harassment.
He also helps employees who have not been paid the wages that they have earned, including minimum wages and overtime under state and federal law. He is a tireless advocate for workers rights and has dedicated his professional life to helping employees enforce their rights in the workplace.
His practice includes helping workers throughout Massachusetts including Springfield, Agawam, Amherst, Chicopee, Greenfield, Hadley, Holyoke, Northampton, Pittsfield, West Springfield and Westfield. Dinsmore is also licensed to practice in the state of Connecticut.
Attorney Dinsmore graduated with honors for Western New England University School of Law in 2006 where he served as assistant editor to the Law Review. Prior to entering private practice in 2008, Dinsmore worked as an Employee Rights attorney with Western Mass Legal Services in Northampton and Springfield, MA.
Attorney Dinsmore was selected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the field of Employment Law in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Super Lawyer Rising Star nominations are based on independent research, peer endorsement and are offered to only 2.5% of attorneys practicing in Massachusetts.
“I cannot say enough good things about Ray. He took the time to understand my situation and then negotiated a really good settlement.”
Brian, December 29, 2018
“Raymond Dinsmore was phenomenal counsel. He was more than attentive to my needs and special circumstances and compassionate to my cause. He was communicative about updating me throughout and generally available for questions. He got me the outcome I was looking for. I would absolutely recommend his services for anyone in need of counsel in the area. Thanks Raymond!”
Guy, December 22, 2018
“Raymond and his firm helped me through a job transition in a most supportive and realistic manner. Atty. Dinsmore was very knowledgeable about the true legal issues vs. emotional reactions to a job transition. I highly recommend his firm for employee-employer resolutions and the stress-free experience working with them.”
Sarah, October 24, 2017
Representative Case Results
- Negotiated a half million-dollar settlement on behalf of a class of Assistant Store Managers related to the employer’s failure to pay overtime wages.
- Negotiated a quarter million-dollar settlement on behalf of cable technicians who did not receive all wages due when employer ended business operations in Massachusetts.
- Negotiated a six-figure settlement and promotion for police officer who faced race discrimination perpetrated by his commanding officers.
- Served as co-counsel for Plaintiff in Graves v. Chubb Insurance Company, New Haven Superior Court, Docket No. 3:12 CV 00568 which culminated in a jury verdict for Plaintiff regarding unpaid overtime.
- Negotiated a $300,000 settlement for a manual labor who was victimized by race hate crimes while at work.
- Negotiated a $400,000 civil rights settlement for an employee denied free speech rights under the 1st Amendment to the Constitution.
- Negotiated numerous five and six figure settlements for victims of workplace sexual harassment and retaliation.
- Dinsmore serves pro bono as outside counsel to Safe Passage, a domestic violence shelter in Northampton, MA.
- Massachusetts, 2006
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2008
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2011
- United States Tax Court, 2013
- Federal Court – District of Massachusetts, 2008
- State of Connecticut, 2018