Connecticut Severance Negotiations Attorney
Does this sound familiar?
- You have worked hard for your company for years.
- You thought you had a career for life.
- You’ve recently been told that the company is “going in a different direction.”
- You’ve been told your position is being eliminated, but another worker is doing your job.
- You are being offered only a few weeks pay as severance.
These days, more and more hard-working people find themselves in this situation. If you are truly an at-will employee, is there anything you can do? There are laws that can be invoked to maximize your severance package. A few examples include laws against:
- age discrimination
- negligent misrepresentation
- promissory estoppel
- breach of contract
Hayber, McKenna & Dinsmore has been successful for years representing executives in severance negotiations.
Contact us and take the first steps towards protecting your rights in the event of a severance negotiation.