(860) 522-8888



(203) 691-6491



(413) 785-1400



(413) 341-3639
Skip to Main Content
Hayber, McKenna & Dinsmore

Sexual Abuse
Helping Sexual Abuse Victims Find Justice

Home Practice Areas Helping Sexual Abuse Victims Find Justice

The attorneys at Hayber, McKenna & Dinsmore, LLC are dedicated to helping the victims of sexual abuse take on the organizations and institutions that are responsible. This can include challenging institutions such as churches, schools, health care settings, employers, and other businesses.  Institutional sexual abuse is far more common than many people would suppose and vast numbers of victims do not bring claims because they feel overwhelmed by the power of the institutions who safeguard the abusers. At Hayber, McKenna & Dinsmore, LLC we are not intimidated by the size and power of businesses and other institutions that protect and shield the abusers.  We have a proven track record of holding these organizations accountable. 

Institutions Must Protect Individuals from Sexual Abuse

Institutions owe a duty of care to their students, patients, children, workers, residents and worshippers. If institutions fail in this duty, and are not held accountable, it is likely that the sexual abuse will continue.  Many of the organizations that violate these duties are not concerned about the welfare of the people who are harmed but of the financial consequences they may face.  We are committed to helping victims of sexual abuse obtain just compensation for the harm they have experienced.  

Sexual abuse can happen in any institutional setting or organization, but some of the most common ones include:

  • Churches and other places of worship
  • Public and Private Schools
  • Workplaces
  • Doctor’s offices and hospitals
  • Youth sports
  • Community organizations and youth-serving organizations
  • Summer camps
  • Day care
  • Nursing homes and long-term care facilities
  • Juvenile detention, jail or prison

To arrange a free, confidential consultation, please call us at 413-785-1400. You can also fill out a brief online form.